Because of the proliferation of new technologies, the younger generation today is outgrowing traditional forms of education – remember pencils, chalkboards, textbooks and graphing calculators? Whether we are in the car, on the train, at work, or in a classroom, mobile technology in particular is giving us the ability to learn on-the-go. See the infographic below to learn why we are wired for mobile learning, and how we can use mobile technologies to educate ourselves.
Note to teachers, bloggers and all those interested: Want to use this infographic in your class or share it on your blog? No problem! The following embed code is yours to copy and paste. For some cool lesson plan ideas, make sure to continue reading after the infographic!
Embed this image on your site
Use This Infographic In Your Class
We think that infographics are an awesome learning and teaching tool, so our creations will always be available for you to print out, use with your students and embed on your blog!
Before handing out the infographic, discuss the following questions with your students.
- What is “mobile learning”?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of using mobile technologies such as cell phones and iPads in education?
Speaking & Critical Thinking Practice
Questions to ask your students after presenting the infographic:
- What is the most surprising fact that you discovered from this infographic?
- Do you agree with the statement that today’s students “are no longer the people our educational system was designed to teach”? Why or why not?
- Would you consider yourself to be a “digital native”? How do you compare to other digital natives with respect to the way(s) you use mobile devices?
- Classroom technologies have come a long way since the end of the 19th century. In your opinion, what is the most important educational technology ever invented? Why?
- Many students and teachers around the world have found mobile learning to be very successful. How has mobile learning impacted your own education? Give examples.
After reviewing this infographic with your students, have them write a persuasive essay or blog post on the topic below. In addition to using the information from the infographic, students can do some independent research using the sources provided at the bottom of the graphic.
Should more teachers integrate mobile technologies into their classrooms? Why or why not?