Last Revised: August, 2018
In the same way, we inform you that your data will be processed in accordance with the personal data protection laws currently in force; specifically, according to the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
2. Types of Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you including, without limitation, non-public information about you that helps Voxy identify you, such as first and last name, birth date, email address, home address, telephone number, password, preferences and interests, income, education level, ethnicity, marital status, homeowner status, shopping habits, Site usage, age, gender and other information that is not otherwise publicly available (collectively, “Personal Information”).
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services.
We also may collect non-personal information about your use of the Site such as your IP address, usage statistics, browsing history, types of computers and/or mobile devices accessing the Site, Content or Services, type of computer operating system you use (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), the type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), and the domain name of your internet service provider (collectively, “Traffic Data”).
3. How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information from you when you use the Site or register an account to access Content, Services or Activities provided on the Site or to request to receive emails or newsletters that may be offered on the Site or offline. Personal Information collected by Voxy may be stored and processed in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States, or in other jurisdiction. By using the Site and submitting your personal information to Voxy online or offline, you expressly consent to the storage and processing of your personal information in the United States in accordance with the laws of the United States, or in other jurisdictions.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
We may combine Personal Information we collect through our Site or offline with information that we obtain from our affiliates, suppliers, vendors, merchants, licensors, partners or sponsors, and other sources (e.g., offline records or publicly available information). We will treat the combined information as personal information.
Voxy may automatically receive and record non-personal information on our server logs from your browser as well as through other analysis of the Site. We also may collect information using cookies, web beacons or similar technologies, or through third parties using similar technologies.
B. Web Beacons
We or our third party tracking utility company also use “web beacons” to collect information about your use of our Site, the websites of selected sponsors and advertisers, and our Content and Services. Web beacons are tiny graphic image files embedded in a web page or email that provide a presence on the web page or email and send back to its home server information from the user’s browser. The information collected by web beacons allows us to statistically monitor how many people are using our Site and Services, selected sponsors’ and advertisers’ websites and using our Services and for what purposes.
4. How We Use Your Information
We may use the information we collect:
- To alert you to new features, terms, Content, Services, Activities, stores, restaurants or products.
- To send emails or newsletters, and to provide you with personalized content in the newsletters.
- To monitor and analyze information regarding your browsing and viewing preferences.
- To analyze our users’ demographics and interests.
- To administer Content, Services or Activities.
- To process and respond to your inquiries.
- To improve the Site.
- For the purposes for which you provided the information.
5. The Rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
6. Retention Time
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
7. Communications with You
You authorize Voxy to transmit email to you to respond to your communications and administer Services, Content or Activities. If you participate in any Services, Content or Activities, you agree that Voxy is authorized to contact you by to send information and documents to you by email or postal mail. Unsubscribe instructions are included in each promotional email from Voxy or you may sent an email requesting to opt-out of communications to email@example.com. Please note that such requests may take up to ten (10) days to become effective. You may not opt out of receiving communications regarding your dealings with Voxy or the Site, Content, Services or technical information about the Site.
8. Information Sharing with Third Parties
We also may share your information in response to a subpoena, legal order or official request, when we believe you have acted in violation of the Terms, to investigate, prevent or take action regarding suspected illegal activities, fraud or potential threats, or exercise legal rights or defend against claims, when we believe that doing so may protect your safety or the safety of Voxy or others, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
We also may use and share non-personally identifiable information with third parties. Additionally, we may take personally identifiable information and de-identify it and share it in a de-identified or aggregated form with advertisers, business partners, and/or third parties in order to analyze Site usage, perform services on our Site or others’ Site, improve our services, improve our user experience, or for similar purposes. We will not re-identify such data and we will ask our contracting parties to agree to keep the data in its de-identified form.
The Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Voxy knowingly collect information from children under age 13 on the Site or offline. If you are under 13, you are not permitted to register for emails or newsletters or to otherwise submit any personally identifiable information to Voxy. If you provide information to Voxy through the Site, you represent that you are 13 years of age or older. If you are between 13 and 17 years of age, when you visit, browse, use, or submit personal information to the Site, you represent that you have the permission of a parent or guardian to do so and who agrees to these Terms on your behalf. If you are a parent or guardian and believe Voxy may have inadvertently collected personal information from your child, please notify Voxy immediately by sending a message detailing the basis of your belief and your request to:
632 Broadway, Suite 702
New York, NY 10012
10. Protection of Personal Information
Voxy uses reasonable administrative, physical and electronic security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information. No transmission of data over the internet is guaranteed to be completely secure. It may be possible for third parties not under the control of Voxy to intercept or access transmissions or private communications unlawfully. While we strive to protect personal information, neither Voxy nor our service providers can ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the internet. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
11. Updating your Information
You are responsible for keeping your information current. You may update your information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or editing your account information. We will use reasonable efforts to process any change you make; provided, however, that requests to delete information are subject to Voxy’s internal reporting, processing and retention policies and all applicable legal obligations.
12. Notice of Privacy Rights of California Residents
If you are a California resident and have provided personal information to Voxy, you are entitled by law to request certain information regarding any disclosure that may have been made by Voxy to third parties of personal information for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send a message to email@example.com.
The message should specify that you seek your “California Customer Choice Privacy Notice.” Please allow thirty (30) days for a response. Voxy is required to respond to only one request per customer each year, and is not required to respond to requests made by means other than through the above e-mail address.
We will not share your personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes if you request that we do not do so. You may make such a request by sending us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what personal information you do not want us to share with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of your personal information or for processing this request.
14. Questions? Contact the Owner and Data Controller
632 Broadway, Suite 702
New York, NY 10012
Copyright © 2018 Voxy, Inc. All rights reserved